Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Menu for a Thanksgiving outfit.


Like many New Englanders, Thanksgiving is a sweet and casual affair for me.  I host and celebrate with my husband's family, who are all local (my family is in the Midwest, and also practitioners of the casual feast).  Here, we gather at a family cabin in Maine.  On the feast day, we eat, drink, play games, read, lounge, talk and eat some more...with wine and cocktails dotting all those activities.  

For a Thanksgiving wardrobe, its all about chic comfort.  Sometime in the late morning on Thanksgiving, I toss off my apron and put on a fresh outfit.  It's often something new, and always something easy and special.  



A cozy textured knit sweater with a great fitting pair of jeans.  Or a luxe wrap sweater with a pair of Prairie Underground denim leggings.  Or a Nally & Millie sweater dress and my favorite ankle boots.  A big colorful pendant necklace or a scarf is a great addition!  The agenda is to look great and feel like your most comfortable self as you enjoy!  

The pieces here:  Velvet embellished sweat shirt with stone pendant, Joe's Skinny Ankle jeans.  Kensie textured knit sweater with multi-color necklace, and James Jeans High-Class Skinny in Slate.



No comments: