Tuesday, October 27, 2009
The sleek Norelle boot from Born is in! This full grain leather, hand-stitched boot looks fantastic with skirts, leggings and skinny jeans. The flat heel and smooth fitted leg is a great contemporary look for fall and winter. And the best tech feature? A little bit o' stretch at the top of the calf, for extra comfort and ease of fit.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Can you believe that it was snowing just 2 short days ago! Definitely time to update that closet. Our lovely southern belle Betsy has chosen some of her favorite pieces from Helena's to compliment her Autumn wardrobe.
1. Prairie Underground Frock Coat in Cruiseliner- Betsy loves the nipped in waist and cut away front. This piece has all the comfort of a sweatshirt but it has style, style, style! The deep gray color is a great alternative to basic black or brown.
2. Chunky mookiate gemstone bracelet from Pink House- Here is a bracelet with a definite Wow factor. Large polished chunks of mookiate ( sounds like a muppet, but is actually a beautiful stone) shine in a palette of purples to yellows. We have the pink house bracelet in many colors, and also different sizes. The best thing about them, they range from $12-$20, and make fantastic gifts.
3. Wooden Ships Antibes Cardigan- Betsy admits this sweater stopped her in her tracks when she first saw it. Soft, cozy and feminine, she loves the kicked out waist and embroidered floral detail. Not to mention that the light lavender color is just dreamy.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Helena's is currently filled to the brim with beautiful pieces for the fall season...but ultimately we all have our favorites.
1. Falcon Dress from Prairie Underground in "New Blue": Easily, one of my most beloved outfits is this dress paired with the PrU chic tuxedo legging. I popped out of the dressing room wearing this ensemble, and came face-to-face with a loyal customer wearing the same pieces...which went home with her.
2. Drop earrings from Tiger Mountain: I am enamored with the blue & turquoise enameled earrings, one of the many colorful and pretty pairs from Tiger Mountain.
3. "Fabulous" shoes from J41 in Grey: Oh, how I love a pair of grey leather shoes. This pair has a snappy, polished look with an amazingly comfortable fit. The blue out stitching is what makes them really special. And we also have them in black!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Fall is here in full force, and here at Helena's our racks are packed with so many wonderful pieces that it makes our head spin. So many great choices, so little time. We asked our design diva Jenn what her three favorite things in the store were right now, it was hard narrowing it down but here they are.
1. Born Zola Shoe- Jenn has been drooling over these since they came in last week. A great Fall shoe to pair with jeans, or skirts and dresses. The T strap gives these comfortable heels a slightly retro look, and the distressed finish hits just the right note.
2. Ruffle Jacket from XCVI- One of XCVI's best jackets ever. Super wearable and as you can see flattering. Jenn loves how easy and versatile this piece is. She often pairs it with a simple tank or tee and jeans to create a polished casual look. We both agree it's one of those go to pieces that you can never have enough of.
3. Shihreen Fireworks Fringed Scarf- You can see how awesome this looks on Jenn. Scarves are the hot accessory for the season. It seems everyone is wearing them this Fall. Jenn adores the bold graphic print and the red/purple color combo is exciting without being garish. If your wardrobe consists of mostly solid colors, a scarf is a great way to spice it up with some print without making a major commitment. Oh, and did we mention that this scarf is ridiculously soft and cozy to boot.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
These three words can sum up our first Fall shipment of sweaters from Wooden Ships by Paola Buendia. I am in love with the cowl neck ruana, which we have a a lovely neutral olive color. This is a great piece to throw over a tee and jeans and still look fabulous. The ruana has a very slouchy soft ethereal knit but is amazingly flattering on the body. The Marley Cardigan in butterscotch yellow is one of their signature styles and has great versatility...and the colors...can we even begin to tell you how much we are loving this rich yellow with it's accents of purple, green and orange. An easy way to introduce a splash of Fall color into your wardrobe.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Helena's is thrilled to introduce Born into our shoe repertoire. Our very first shipment arrived last week and include the fabulous Lewisa boot and the darling T-Strap Zola Shoe. What makes Born shoes supreme.
"By using the art of "Opanka" hand-sewn construction combined with the finest quality materials, Born is able to craft shoes that are durable, lightweight and flexible, allowing the wearer to walk as if they were barefoot. In addition, soft supple leathers and shock-absorbing foam ensure the foot is wrapped in comfort"
Sounds pretty good to us! And we love, love, love, the details like the double strap and buckle on the Lewisa and the distressed mottled caramel color on the Zola create a rich depth. This is Fall perfection right here.