Happy Almost New Year! We are open 10-3 on December 31st, and we are closed New Year's Day! Come see us on the last day of 2013!
Monday, December 30, 2013
When our lovely staffer Alyssa joined us this fall, we learned she planned on donating her gorgeous wavy hair to Locks of Love. Before the holidays, Alyssa's locks met the scissors! She looks beautiful, and shares her story here:
My hair laid past my shoulders for years. How, after all this time, could I cut it all off? The
thought of giving up my long locks was at first, incomprehensible. After much consideration, I
took a stance and decided that cutting off my hair was the perfect idea for the new year and an
opportunity to give back- after all, my hair will always grow back.
Locks of Love, is an organization that provides hairpieces for children under the age of
21 that suffer from long-term medical illness's resulting in hair loss. I knew that my hair was the
appropriate length to share and could be of great value to someone else! I was so ready for a
big change, especially one that could help another child! I'm all about being a strong,
independent, and influential woman, and If I could give so little of myself to make such a
positive impact on someone else, I was more than willing to do it!
My new hair has been fantastic! I love the ease and functionality that comes with having
short hair. This was the first time I gave my to locks of love and definitely not the last! I am now
inspired to grow my hair long and give to locks of love again! It's given me a fresh start for 2014 and a confidence that I didn't have before!
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Our storewide dress sale is this weekend! All dresses are 20-50% off at both Helena's locations! See beautiful styles from Maggy London, Susana Monaco, Leota, Nally & Millie, Prairie Underground, Ella Moss, Three Dots, Only Hearts, Velvet and more!
Monday, December 23, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Hi Friends! This Thursday we are celebrating a Night on the Square in our beloved Cushing Square! All day, we will be offering 20% off one item (one discount per customer), and after 6 join us for sweet and bubbly. Come see all the lovely businesses in our little Belmont neighborhood!
Cozy Wooden Ships eternity scarves, Joy crossbody bags, pretty beaded bracelets, and softly scented Voluspa candle.
A berry colored Kerisma sweater and Joy clutches in an array of colors. All great gifts for the lovely women in your life, including yourself!
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Hello, Silver Nails! Last week, Chelsea & Alyssa looked chic and festive with holiday nails is silver! Chelsea had a frosty coat of deep silver/pewter metallic polish. Note: She did not hold her lovely hand in a pseudo-aggressive growl-kitty pose as shown here. She is more likely to give you a sweet wave.
Alyssa had a sheer coat of pale-silver polish that looked like a layer of gossamer spun-sugar. Both shaded prove that Silver is a smashing nail color for the holiday season!
Monday, December 9, 2013
Season's Greetings, Friends! With Christmas 2 weeks away, we are offering you easy access to the best holiday gifts! Our Arlington and Belmont stores are stocked with beautiful, affordable presents for your sisters, mothers, friends, coworkers, teachers, day-care providers, neighbors and bosses! Here is a hit list:
- Voluspa Candles - We have a great selection of these amazing soft scented candles in beautiful tins. The ultimate hostess gift as well. $20 and under.
- Wooden Ships Eternity Scarves: This knit-line created special collections of their knits for the holiday season, with color and texture. Some of our favorites? The soft herringbone knit, the open crochet, and the bright colors with shimmering lurex! $36-$48.
- Joy Cross-body Bags: Small, colorful bags from Joy are chic and useful accessories for the women on your list. $30-$45.
- Wallets: We have a collection of wallets from Shiraleah and espe, and the lux version from Orla Kiely. $25-$106.
- Fashion Scarves: As always, we have loads of colorful printed scarves! Find your favorite hue for your favorite ladies. $19-$48.
- Parkhurst Gloves: These bright and colorful gloves are an easy pick-up gift for all! $15.
- Kerisma Poncho/Shawl: This one-size soft sweater-knit overhead shawl looks smashing and can be worn in lots of diffent ways. We have multiple colors! $42.
- Socks: Express yourself through footwear! We have animalia socks (lots-o-birds), and great graphics in neutrals and brights. Most under $10.
See you soon!
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Join us at our shop in Arlington Center this Saturday for a Holiday Stroll! We will be open until 9 PM in celebration of our beautiful, vibrant town center and offering 20% off any item you desire! This Saturday is also The Arlington First Lights celebration! Caroling, tree-lighting and a town trolley are a part of the festivities. Click here for more event information.
This is an amazing sale. All denim fashions, at both locations are 20% off this Friday thru Sunday. Find gorgeous and versatile pieces from James Jeans, Joe's Jeans, Red Engine, Bella Dahl and Prairie Underground all marked-down for our sale! Come in and get your favorites!
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Prairie always delivers rich jewel-toned colors for their holiday deliveries. Our first delivery brought us hues in Lipstick, Inkpot and Rose. The newest delivery brings us Peacock and Galaxy (a deep blued-green). Our favorites? The Frock Coat in Peacock, the Norell dress in Galaxy (shown) and Burgundy, and the Long LeFey hoody in Peacock, and the Chain Legging! Don't miss out on these spectacular pieces!