Friday, March 29, 2013
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Hi friends! Our smart, lively Belmont manager Beth is departing from Helena's this spring. We will miss her, and fully expect to see her as often as possible, with two little boys in tow. Take note if you are a retail veteran wanting to work great boutique, or have a savvy friend who fits the description below:
As a growing retailer, we are currently hiring an experienced, enthusiastic, and hard-working manager for our Belmont location.
We are looking for an individual with:
- At least 2 years of retail management experience in a brick and mortar store.
- Impeccable customer service skills, and inter-personal skills, with the ability to build relationships with shoppers.
- The motivation to work independently and maintain all daily operations of a retail location.
- Experience working in fashion, with the ability to communicate the Helena’s aesthetic.
- Great merchandising skills and the ability to turn the store floor in an efficient way.
- The ability to communicate clearly and set expectations for the sales team.
- The availability to work weekday and weekend shifts.
- High level of experience working with retail POS systems and excel.
- Experience at planning and hosting successful store events.
- The ability to work closely with the management team to ensure consistent customer service between store locations.
- The leadership to support and maintain the sales team, and to interview and acquire new staff.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The availability to drive between store locations.
A cover letter describing relevant experience, and why you are a good candidate for this position is required. Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not contact the store locations about this position. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the management.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Sunday, March 24, 2013
They are here, ladies! Maggy London dresses for spring in stunning prints with pretty little details and the perfect fit!
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Hi Friends! We are ringing in our first year anniversary in Belmont this weekend. Come celebrate and shop with us today and tomorrow and receive 15% off one item, and a free gift with a purchase of $200 or more. Come in between 5 and 8 PM tonight and have some little sweet and bubbly! See you soon!
Thursday, March 21, 2013
These skinny jeans are a celebrity favorite every season. The fit is divine, and this classic skinny jean comes in great washes. We have it in Havana and Chateau, which are denim washes, and Cafe au Lait, which is a creamy light brown (imagine coffee with cream). Pair these jeans with a Bella Dahl top or a Kerisma sweater for a lovely spring look!
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Due to the snow storm Helena's in Arlington will open at 11 AM this morning. Belmont is open at our regular, bright & early 10 AM. If you are in need of some spring color on this snowy day, come in to one of the shops. We have lovely spring hues and stunning prints!
Monday, March 18, 2013
Fashionable actresses have latched on to one of the hottest trends for spring: the denim jacket & denim top. We LOVE this look, and it have new light washes of denim for this season. The best denim jacket is the classic Giacca jacket from Red Engine (above), and the winning denim top is this light-wash pocket button-up from Bella Dahl (also above). These fabulous pieces are at both Helena's locations.
Our favorite ways to wear this look:
- A denim jacket over a lace or floral print dress, to create a easy and casual day-look.
- Wear your denim top with a pair of white jeans or a pair of colored denim jeans.
- Pair your light denim top with a dark pair of skinny jeans or denim leggings...like the Prairie Underground Glove legging, and a chic pair of ankle boots.
- Throw either the denim top or jacket over a striped top and dark jeans with sneakers. Your weekend outfit has never looked so good!
Friday, March 15, 2013
Our long-time and loyal customer, Tricia Walker, came into our Arlington store today. She was shopping for new spring separates and told us how much she loved a Papillion dress that she'd bought in the winter from our holiday collection. Tricia calls this her "go-to" dress. Here, Tricia styles it brilliantly with tights and boots on a recent trip to NYC!
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Bright spring colors grace our Franklin Street window! From the top: Last Tango faux-wrap dress with Wooden Ships ballet cardy; Nally & Millie reversible tank dress (other side is solid turquoise) with Wooden Ships ballet cardy and Ada wrap belt; XCVI jacket in two colors, teal and sunset; new spring bags, scarves and jewelry.
Knitted Doves spring collection is full of color and charm. The soft cardigan has a delicate dot print and sweet love birds. The adorable skirt has an embroidered "Harbor of Love." Wear these unique pieces now and into the spring...