Monday, July 6, 2015

Emma's Style: Three Great Looks!

At Helena’s, we carry a variety of style perspectives that are carefully curated for each season.  The question, “What’s Your Look?” is wonderful avenue to explore at our stores. 

Our Assistant Manager, Emma, has a passion for pulling together wearable, chic looks.   Here, she works her favorite pieces from Helena’s Belmont in three great outfits, each with a purpose. 

Emma: These outfits took me five minutes to pull together. You may say, “Of course it did, you have so much to choose from!” It’s true, I do work in a boutique, but the pieces I chose are similar to staples in my own wardrobe. Denim that fits really well, quality basics, printed tops, and fun accessories. It took me a long time to get to that place and I’m still building. In my own closet, I purge pieces that I haven’t worn in over two years, or that are worn out. I’ve developed an understanding of what my style is (Boho meets Parisian Girl) and I wear what makes me feel good. Here’s the break-down of the “what” and “where” I am going in each outfit.


Outfit #1 Out for Lunch
This Prairie Ruched Tunic is great at hiding any bulges and a perfect length for those who like a little coverage in the back. I’m wearing our New DL 1961 Angel Skinny Ankle in Harrisburg wash, these jeans have fantastic stretch and the lighter wash is perfect for daytime wear. I pulled the outfit together with a San Diego Hat Fedora and added interest with a Joy printed scarf. I’m ready to enjoy some time with friends but comfortable enough to run errands after! 


Outfit #2 Date Night
I love the print of this Splendid Plume Top, paired with our New DL 1961 Florence Insta-Sculpt in Warner! The DL Florence cut is my favorite because it lifts and slims my body without making me feel like I’m stuffed into my pants. The Warner wash is a great transition for day to night with the fading on the thighs. My pop of color comes from the Shiraleah Coral Clutch and some funky ICU Faux Wood shades. I feel sassy and ready to have drinks and dine with my husband!


Outfit #3 Out with the Kids
As a working mother it’s important that my wardrobe is functional with the real life of have 2 kids under 5. I like to be comfortable when I’m with them but also feel like my stylish self. That’s why this Nally and Milly Burn Out Knit Tank is a breezy choice, paired with DL 1961 Iris Relaxed Trouser in Granger, layered with our New Wooden Ships Hoodie Blazer. I always like a little bling and a statement necklace is a nice way to take an outfit to the next level. This outfit is playground ready when it’s paired with flip flops or Chuck Taylor’s!  PS.  I always where shoes out with my kids...but I'm footloose for the photoshoot!

No comments: