Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day Two of the New York Shows: Coterie at the Piers


Coterie is the BIG Mama show this week in New York.  Hundreds of designers and brands are premiering their fall lines on the East Coast.  I started my day with my rep Kitty in the Wooden Ships booth.  Their fall deliveries start with crochet cotton pieces in the early months of fall, and bring cozy knit pieces in their lofty "grassy" yarns for the later fall.  My favorite pieces were new colors in the Dylan tweed knit cardigan.

 

I also saw the fall collection from Joe's Jeans!  The winning looks are new dark washes of the Icon and Skinny Ankle jean, and print denim in dark hues, like coffee and inky navy.  So pretty.



Tulle was showing many fall deliveries, all which have the great color, print, and joy that we love from this line.  My favorites are a Vintage wool coat in a soft pink, long sweaters in creamy white, and this classic trench with a rose print.

The Knitted Dove booth was brimming with original pieces with personal detail.  Yes, there are owl sweaters, but there are also lovely knit coats and skirts with charming details and warm fall colors.  I love the bird cardigan shown here.

 






My final appointment of the day with with Yumi London.  This line has created some of my all-time favorite dresses!  Their fall line features prints and rich colors with lots of wildlife themes.  These scarves are fabulous!  It will be many months before these foxes make their way into the store, but I am dreaming of their arrival.

No comments: