Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love this picture for so many reasons.

This week, my friend Jeanette sent me this photo of a “Helena” antique tile from a display of Delft architecture at the Royal Delft Museum. She took this picture while vacationing in Europe with her wife and two teenage daughters. Jeanette was the most important career mentor in my (former) life as a television and video producer. In my 20s she took me under her wing, showed me my strengths, and re-aligned my focus when I strayed. Last year, when I renovated and expanded my store, Jeanette came to Helena’s on the day of my big re-opening. She had open arms, a huge smile, and the “you go girl!” support she has always given me. (Sniffle). My heart overflows. I am blessed to have great women in my life. Xoxo, Katherine

No comments: