Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Preview for Spring. (I know it's too soon...but read on).


The NY spring buying shows happen right on the heels of NY Fashion Week where designers debut their upcoming collections. There are about a half dozen shows going on this week, and I must say spring fashions look fantastico. Strong trends in fabrics are cotton voile, thin cotton knits with silk embellishments, eyelet lace, floral embroidery, cotton sateen in jackets and dresses, and lots of herringbone twill in jackets. I previewed Prairie Underground (above) at the Designers & Agents show in Chelsea. The have beautiful colors for their new hoodies and (wait for it) have revived the Mothette dress! They also handed me a cold beer while we looked through the collection...which left me teary-eyed with gratitude. Velvet, Yumi, Nic & Mo, Mystree, Tulle and Effie's Heart all had beautiful spring collections in just-right seasonal colors. My favorites are a pale romantic pink, soft yellow, bright navy, coral, sage, and orange. This fall season has been so rich with wearable fashions. I am happy to see it continue this spring!

No comments: