Monday, February 22, 2010

Keeping the dream alive in our hometown.

Today was busy busy busy and thrillingly smooth at Helena's. I met the contractors at 7 AM. They were eager and energetic (all arriving with giant coffees) and thus began a momentum that lasted until about 6 PM. Moved a little of this, painted a little of that. Jessica was unpacking boxes upstairs, I was directing the troops downstairs.

Then, at around 11 AM, a man tapped on the glass and asked if we were closing. YIKES! I told him we were expanding and all was good. He told me that his girlfriend had said to him, "Go buy me anything at Helena's. I love everything in the store." With lifted spirits (I am a sucker for compliments) I told him that he should come back first thing Saturday morning and see all the new stuff.

I heart Arlington.

overandout,
Katherine

No comments: